POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Another begineer: : Another begineer: Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:29:31 EDT (-0400)
  Another begineer:
From: Pat
Date: 31 Jul 2005 03:25:00
Message: <web.42ec7befd63c4adb9e47bc2b0@news.povray.org>
Am new to POVRAY, but not to 3d; I draw signs which are internally lighted
and want to try POVRAY for its output, to see what images look like.  Are
there images on web, like what I do, so I can see them or perhaps study the
scripts involved?

The signs normally have plastic faces, or flexible style faces - like an
awning - and I draw awnings too; and I've got programs to try that will
interface to POVRAY, re script creation, but I wonder will I have any luck
with materials that let light pass through (the text on a sign or awning
face) and make a credible show of giving off light in the evening hours?

If any of you have general tips on the matter, I'd like to hear about
ways to approach the method.  (And I will continue reading POV's docs and
tutorials, of course).

I want to step up from my old trusty truSpace, which creates stuff that
looks like "PC graphics," if you know what I mean.

Thanks for ideas/opinions,
Best, --pat (the new kid on the block)